Saturday, July 11, 2009

So here I go!

Nope, I've never had a blog before, but I'm kinda bored and decided to start one. I plan on posting the different recipes that I've been cooking up for Rick and I and whatever else comes to mind. I think it'll be a cool way to keep up with everything that we're trying and enjoying. I plan on posting as I make them, but there are some favorites that I may pepper my blog with from time to time. The ones in purple font are my personal creations while the ones in black font are straight from whatever website that I found them.

I've always enjoyed cooking, and I've become a pretty decent cook over the years. Sometimes, my culinary creations are straight from websites like epicurious.com, but other times, I like to take those and tweak them a little bit. I've got a couple of my own that I've come up with, too. There have been some definite hits and a few miserable misses. I look forward to sharing them all with the world.

My love and appreciation for cooking as grown and taken on a new meaning now that I have someone that I love to cook for. Back in my single days when I would make some meal for myself, I definitely enjoyed it, but something (or someone) was missing. I loved it when my parents would come to visit or when I'd have friends over so that someone else could indulge in whatever exciting new dish or old faithful stand-by I was making. Then a little over a year ago, I met the most wonderful man in the world. At first, I wasn't sure what dish to make for him, and I really fretted over what to do. I can't remember how long I waited until I cooked for him, but I do remember that it was within the first month. Since then, we've had meals originating from all parts of the world...Italy, Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, and of course America!

With that in mind, I think it's time to head to the grocery store for the ingredient for tonight's meal. Because it's summer time, we're gonna hit the grill for some stuffed burgers with cole slaw for a side. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails