The tilapia turned out really good though I did put too much lime juice in the butter (I wasn't paying attention and added the juice from two limes....in the recipe, I opted to write in less). I didn't have a shallot so I subbed a We had them with our favorite green beans with almonds as the side. Here's what I did...
Pan-Seared Tilapia with Chile Lime Butter
For chile lime butter
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 pieces skinless tilapia fillets (1 per person)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (I have recently started using Smart Balance oil unless I'm using extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 egg
- Panko bread crumbs
Stir together all ingredients in a bowl.