Saturday, October 24, 2009

Another Game Day Saturday

It's a beautiful Saturday in October which means football! Unfortunately for me, my Tar Heels did not fare well on Thursday night which made my feeling tired at work yesterday definitely not worth staying up to watch us lose it in the second half to Florida State. Is it basketball season yet???

Nevertheless, Rick is over, and we're doing ribs again today! We haven't done them since the last time I blogged about them, and I'm really looking forward to it! This time around, we are doing baby back ribs. I'm hoping that we will be finishing them off with Option 2 (on the grill) after two hours in the oven this afternoon. We are about an hour in as I type. I'll be mixing up the cole slaw soon, too.

Part of the reason that I'm blogging today since I don't have a new recipe to share is to sing the praises of Emeril's Essence Bayou Blast. I added a little bit of it to the chicken and veggie marinade that we had last night. You can find the marinade here, by the way. Another thing that I have used from the pork chop night is the liquid crab and shrimp boil (Zatarain's). We boiled some shrimp on Thursday, and I don't think that I'll ever go back to using anything else! It just amazed me how just a little bit of that stuff can make for the perfect boiled shrimp. I can't wait to try it with crab legs. Thank you, Emeril!!!!

I am also happy to announce that my friend Kim gave birth today to her daughter Chloe! I'm so happy for her!!! Congratulations, Kim!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails