Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mom's Dill Dip

So since I had to work on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and my mom was here and left all alone at the condo without anything to do in the morning, I decided that it would be a wonderful idea for her to make her famous dill dip.  I love the stuff!  I swear I think that she puts crack in it because I can eat the whole thing in no time!  Thanks to that dip, I became a fan of cauliflower as a child...something that has continued into my adulthood.  The holidays just aren't the holidays without my mom making dip.  Normally, I have to wait to Christmas to get some dip, but with a little begging and pleading from me, my mom agreed to do it!  I've made the dip myself, but I think the extra love that she puts in it makes it much better than mine.  She says that it's the Duke's mayonnaise.


And besides, it's not like either one of us actually cook for Thanksgiving!  Yep, as hard as it is to believe that someone who loves to cook as much as I do doesn't lift a finger for Thanksgiving, it's true.  I'm sure that someday, it'll happen, but right now, Thanksgiving consist of my mom and me only.  Since I've moved to Charleston, we have tried a couple of places to eat, and several years ago, we settled into a routine.  Every year, we go to Poogan's Porch in downtown Charleston for lunch.  I'm looking forward to it...especially their peanut butter pie!  Here's a link to their Thanksgiving menu.  Yum!!!!


Anyway, here is the recipe for my mom's dill dip!  You can serve it with any raw veggies of your choice!  I hope that you enjoy it!!! 


Mom's Delicious Dill Dip
Ingredients
3 tablespoons dill weed
1 pint mayonnaise
1 pint sour cream
1 tablespoon dried parsley
3 tablespoons grated onion
1 1/2 tablespoon season salt

Directions
Blend all ingredients together and chill before serving.  Makes 4 1/2 cups.

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I will be linking to this for my apps posting!! Much better than "ranch"!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails