Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gettin' crazy with the pimento cheese: Pimento Cheese Cheese Straws


Part of the reason that made the pimento cheese Friday was not only to take care of my craving but also to try out a nifty recipe that I had stumbled upon here when I was searching for how to make my own pimento cheese.  Last night, Rick and I headed over to a friends' house for a holiday party, and even though I was told that I didn't have to bring anything, I just couldn't resist making something!  When I received our invite, I just knew that it was the perfect opportunity to try to make the Pimento Cheese Cheese Straws!  How awesome could that be?  I figured, too, that the fact that the pimento cheese that I made Friday was a little on the peppery side would translate well with this project.  The cheese straws turned out really good, and they were a hit at the party.  In the future, I may forgo making the pimento cheese with mayo and do a regular cheese straw recipe with the pimentos added.


So here's what I did....

Pimento Cheese Cheese Straws
Ingredients

1 cup pimento cheese
1 cup flour


Directions
Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix pimento cheese and flour together to form a dough.  Roll the dough into a ball and press out on a floured cutting board.  Using a knife, cut the cheese mixture into 2 inch long rectangles and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack before serving.  


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails