Sunday, December 27, 2009

Home for the Holidays Ham Rolls


One of my favorite things about coming home for the holidays (aside from my mom's Ghiradelli brownies and dill dip) are the Hall Rolls that she makes.  We usually have them as "hold overs" until our lunch is ready.  My mom makes the night before, but the only problem with that is they are so hard to resist!  While she was preparing them this year, I learned that she originally got the recipe from Irene Craig who was one of my music teacher in elementary school.  According to my mom, Mrs. Craig served them at a faculty party.  I've had other versions of these rolls, but what I think makes this recipe so much better is that the ham is shaved instead of chopped.  I hope that you enjoy them, too!

Ham Rolls
Ingredients
1 stick of butter softened
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion finely chopped (around 1/4 cup)
1 package of party rolls (the long and skinny ones)
1 4 to 5 oz package of shaved deli ham
1 4 oz package of sliced Swiss Cheese (almost shaved)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.  Slice whole package of party rolls in half.  Spread both sides of rolls with the mustard mixture.  Top one side of the with small pieces of ham.  Cover ham with Swiss Cheese.

Place the rolls on a baking sheet.  Heat in the oven until cheese is melted (around 10 minutes).  Remove and cool.  Once the rolls have cooled, cut them apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails