Friday, February 05, 2010

Another Kelly Creation

I have to say that I have one of the most thoughtful friends in the whole world!  This morning, I took NCLEX, and yesterday, my friend Kelly was awesome enough not only to help distract me by taking me shoe shopping and going to dinner with me last night, but she also called me yesterday to invite me over for breakfast!  After I worked out, I showered and headed over there.  She made wonderful Quiche Lorraine Tartlets and delicious, creamy grits!  The recipe came from PamperedChef.com  It really made my day to start out with such a thoughtful gesture!

Kelly told me that she added cheddar cheese to the recipe.  The recipe calls for Pampered Chef products, but a regular mini-muffin pan can easily be used.  While I'm sure it would also be easy to create the wells for the tartlets, I do think that the mini-tart shaper would be a cool thing to have!

Here's the recipe that she used! (I've made some changes to it so that those of us without the Pampered Chef goodies can enjoy it, too)

Quiche Lorraine Tartlets
Ingredients
1   pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts), softened according to package directions
2 eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 slices of bacon, cooked and finely chopped
1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cheddar cheese, shredded
12 grape tomatoes, sliced in half crosswise

Directions
Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured surface. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust.  The disks should be 2 1/2-3 inches wide.  Press disks into wells of a mini-muffin pan, ruffling edges. Repeat with remaining crust. 

Whisk eggs, half and half and salt in a medium bowl.  In another bowl, combine cheeses, red pepper, green onions, and bacon to batter and mix well. 

Pour egg mixture evenly into tart shells; sprinkle evenly with cheese mixture. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise. Press one tomato half, cut side up, into center of each tartlet. Sprinkle with black pepper. Bake 14-16 minutes or until egg mixture is set and crusts are golden brown. Remove tartlets to serving platter and sprinkle with additional chopped chives, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails