Here's what I did.
Caramelized Onion Tartlets
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz soft light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 package of mini-phyllo shells (around 15 per package)
Cook onion, butter, water, salt, and pepper, covered, in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat, 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is deep golden brown and very tender, about 30 minutes.
Heat shells on a baking pan for 5 minutes.
Stir together cream cheese, sage, and green onion and divide among shells, then top with caramelized onions.