Friday, March 12, 2010

Rick does dinner AGAIN!

Maybe I should be sick more often because he did it again last night!  How lucky am I?  Last night, Rick brought over some whiting that he had purchased at Sewee Outpost.  If you ever find yourself on Highway 17 North heading to Myrtle Beach (or South heading to Charleston from Myrtle Beach), I would recommedn checking them out.  They have all kinds of good stuff nfrom food to equipment to everything inbetween.  They also serve awesome biscuits on weekend mornings.  I stopped by Publix on my way home yesterday and picked up some House Autry Seafood Breader.  That stuff is amazing, and it makes perfect breading for frying fish.  I swear it tastes like something you would get at a fish camp back home.  We have yet to try out the chicken one, but I'd imagine that it going to be awesome, too.  Rick requested that I make our favorite cole slaw, and I also whipped up a tartar sauce by combining McCormick's tartar sauce with some horseradish sauce.  I was impressed with how quick and easy our meal was.  Too bad the Tar Heels didn't play so well last night.

Before I post the recipe, I would like to apologize for being slack and not posting pictures.  I promise to upload them this weekend!!

Here's what we did.

Rick's Fried Whiting

Ingredients
1 lb of whiting filets
1 box of House Autry Seafood Breader
Vegetable Oil

Directions
Cut whiting filets into 2 inch pieces.  Put breader into a gallon freezer bag, add filet pieces, seal, and shake to bread the fish. 

Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron or heavy skillet (about 1/8 inch deep to pan fry).  When the oil is heated, add whiting pieces to oil  and pan fry about 2-3 minutes per side (or until fish is flaky).  Remove fish and place on a paper-towel covered plate to drain the oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails