Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rick does dinner

Those of you who are my friends on facebook (and/or in real life) know that I've been feeling a little under the weather lately so Rick decided to make dinner for us last night.  I picked out this recipe from Cooking Light.  It seemed pretty simple, and it kinda reminded me of the tilapia that we like to do with capers.  It was so sweet to watch Rick read the recipe and make dinner.  Of course, I couldn't stay out of the kitchen, and I made the roasted garlic crostini again and minced the flat leaf parsely.  I had to smile when I saw Rick making some of the same mistakes that I used to make as a novice cook, and I'm proud of him for putting up with me and making a great meal!  We served it with some wild rice out of a box which wasn't that great, but the chicken turned out wonderfully!

Here's the recipe

Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce
Ingredients
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons capers, drained
3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley

Directions
Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour.


Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken over. Add broth, juice, and capers; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 3 minutes, basting chicken occasionally with sauce. Sprinkle with parsley; cook 1 minute. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.


Bring sauce to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick. Serve over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails