Sunday, September 20, 2009

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with a Lemon-Caper Sauce


When Rick and I were discussing what we wanted to do for dinner on Saturday, he mentioned thawing out some chicken breasts, but I had other things in mind. I had been checking out the weekly specials on Publix's website, and they had tilapia fillets on sale this week. As soon as I mentioned the Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia, Rick was excited. He said that it was one of his favorite meals, and I have to agree, too. I found this recipe on a website that apparently no longer exists so I'm extremely happy to have printed it out. I'm also glad that I get to share it here! I've made it quite a few times, and it is rather easy. The recipe suggests serving it with orzo and asparagus (both of which I have done), but this time around, I decided to pair it with the green beans with almonds that I made a couple of weeks ago.

Cooking has become more adventurous over the past few weeks with the two new editions to our family, Ty and Weezy. These two kittens spent their first week or so intermittently hiding under the couch, but now, they are all over the place...especially under our feet when we are in the kitchen!


Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia with a Lemon Caper Sauce
Serves 2

Ingredients
2 Tilapia fillets
1 egg
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons capers, drained
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons white wine
1/4 cup crab stock (clam juice or chicken stock can be substituted)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Olive oil

Directions

Combine cheese, flour, and breadcrumbs in a shallow pan and set aside. Slightly beat egg in a bowl. Dip fish in the egg wash, and then coat each fillet with the cheese mixture.

Heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick pan. Brown fish on both sides. Remove from pan and place on a plate. Cover the plate with aluminum foil to keep warm.

In the same pan, add a little more oil and saute the garlic. Add capers, lemon juice, wine, and crab stick to the pan. Also add salt and pepper to taster. Reduce this mixture by half and add the butter once the pan has been removed from the heat.

Plate fish on separate plates and spoon the sauce evenly over the two fillets.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails