Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Sausage and Pasta Dish

So I had a little bit of sausage left over from this weekend, and I needed to do something with it before it went bad.  After browsing through the pantry and the refrigerator, I came up with this simple meal.   Another nice thing about it is the leftovers that I got to take to work for lunch.  Those MUSC cafeteria prices are a little much since they remodeled the cafeteria in the Big House (aka the main hospital), and I've more than my fair share of sandwiches, salads, or soups from the little cafe in Rutledge Tower.  Rick stayed at home tonight so it was just me.  I'm thinking that I may not share my leftover...hee, hee, hee!  Here's what I did.

Penne with Italian Sausage, Green Pepper, and Onions in a Tomato Sauce
Ingredients
2 Italian Sausages, taken out of the casing and cut into bite-sized pieces
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped vertically
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used the no salt added kind)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 box of penne pasta
Olive oil

Directions
Cook pasta according to directions.  Drain and return to the pot.

While the pasta is cooking, heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet.  Add sausage, green pepper, onion, garlic, and basil to the skillet and saute until the vegetables are tender.  Add tomatoes and juices from the can.  Heat for another 2 minutes.  Mix the sausage mixture with the pasta in the pot. Serve and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails