Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Misses, Lots of Misses

Today when I was riding the CARTA express hom from work, it dawned on me that I hadn't blog in over a week.  It's not that I haven't been cooking because I have.  Okay, I haven't as much as normal.  I blame the hot weather for that (or at least that's what someone near and dear to me said this week).  The other problem is that I've had a week of MISSES and FAILS this week.  Here are the top three highlights...

1.  In an attempt to get rid of the okra, I thought that doing a gumbo-pasta creation would be an excellent idea.  Think onions and okra and tomatoes and garlic and shrimp and bacon....yummmmmm!  WRONG!  It was bland (despite the amount of Creole seasoning I dumped in it) and not that good. I have no idea what I could've done differently.  It smelled pretty dern good when it was cooking, but the final result was lacking.  For the first time in a while, I actually threw it out.  I figured that I could either throw it out that night or wait at least a week until it was a science project and sacrificing a tupperware container with it.

2.  On Friday night, I thought that I'd look all cute and wear heels.  I used to wear heels all the time, but since I walk a lot more than I used to at work, I wear flats.  So anyway, I'm wearing a cute dress and one of my favorite pair of heels.  I'm feeling good about mysel, and then BOOM!  I fell.  Gotta love hypermobile joints!  My right knee got all scraped up. I've been tempted to tell people that I fell rollerblading (in fact a couple people asked if that was what I did), but I've sucked it up and been honest.

3.  I went to buy steak tonight, and I wasn't paying attention to what I was buying, and I ended up with Sirloin Tri-Tip.  When I got it home, I had no idea about the cut so I had to google it...lol.  Apparently, it's one step above roast.  FAIL.  Luckily, Rick isn't coming over this evening so if I have yet another miserable meal, I'm on my own.  I'm marinating it as I speak so we'll see.  I mixed together McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning (that stuff could make a piece of poo taste good so there is hope!); low sodium soy sauce; 1 clove of garlic, pressed; some extra virgin olive oil; and a little bit of red wine.

Anyone else out there having a failure-ific week?

1 comment:

  1. Just remember...our failures make us stronger. Or so they tell me :) The heel incident totally reminds me of something that would happen to me. Oh the price of trying to look cute. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails