Thursday, August 26, 2010

Spicy Tartar(heel) Sauce

I decided to have a "cheat" day from my good eating, and Rick and I had some fried flounder last night.  He likes to cut the fish into nuggets so we did that.  I breaded them with the awesome House Autry breading.  It makes for perfect fried seafood whether it be fish or shrimp.  Rick did the frying because he's better at it than I am.  I'm way too impatient to get them all as crispy and golden brown the way that he likes it.  While he was cooking, I made a tartar sauce to go with the flounder.  I used a recipe from epicurious.com for a Cajun tartar sauce, made some changes, and cut it in half.  Sadly, I forgot to put it up when I went to bed last night (our cole slaw met the same fate, too :( ).  The tartar sauce turned out really well!  I'll definitely do it again!  Here's what I did...

Cajun Tartar Sauce
Ingredients 
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (I used Emeril's Bayou Blast)

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator (covered) before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails