Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chopped Salad with Raspberry Vinegarette Dressing

Yesterday evening, my allergies were totally bothering me, and I was not feeling like cooking dinner.  A funny thing happened, though...I went to Publix and encountered their surprisingly delicious Apron Simple Meals sample.  What got me was the chopped salad.  I had most of the ingredients at home and I did a little substituting (Rick hates blue cheese) and came up with this healthy addition to our steak and potatoes night!

Chopped Salad with Raspberry Vinegarette Dressing
Ingredients
1 romaine lettuce heart, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cabbage (I used it from a cole slaw bag)
2 green onions slicesd,
Crumbled Goat Cheese
1/4 cup flavored, sliced almonds
Fat Free Raspberry Walnut Vinegarette

Directions
Place all ingredients (except dressing) in a bowl.  Toss with desired amount of dressing and serve.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Just found your blog and had to comment...

    I am a Publix Apron's Simple Meals cooking demonstrator in Jacksonville, FL. So glad you enjoy the recipes and samples. I do too. In fact, I make Apron's Simple Meals at home all the time which is a pretty good endorsement of the program.

    Follow this URL for another really tasty recipe for Chicken Saltimboca with Arugula salad. The salad is a breeze to make and is truly delicious:

    http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/AllRecipes/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=2868&mealGroupId=1000

    PS: I have a cousin who lives in Mount Pleasant and is doctor of Pharmacotherapy at MUSC. Small world!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails