Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adventures in Baking...Inservice Cupcakes!

At work tomorrow, we have an inservice in the CTRC for one of our new studies.  Something that they do in adult rheumatology (where I came from) that I am continuing to do in peds rheumatology is to bring food to the inservice.  Not only is it a treat for the CTRC staff, but it also gives me an excuse to try out new recipes!  Last time, I made a savory snack, but this time, I thought I'd make one of the yummy treats from this Taste of Home booklet/magazine that I got over the summer.  I had thought about making the cupcakes that were on the cover, but I wanted to do something a wee bit similar since I needed to tweak my slides for the inservice a bit this afternoon.  I came up this recipe as an adaption of one for peanut butter cupcakes that was in the booklet/magazine.  I really liked the recipe, but I wasn't feeling the peanut butter frosting.  I decided that instead, I would mix a like Nutella in with the vanilla frosting.  It was the perfect way to use the end of the Nutella that I had in the pantry!

The Hidden Surprise in the Middle!

Here's what I did...

Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting....aka Inservice Cupcakes
Ingredients
1 box of white cake mix with instant pudding (will require vegetable oil and eggs)
18 miniature Reese Peanut Butter Cups
1 can of vanilla frosting
Nutella

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.  Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into each paper-lined muffin cup.  Place a peanut butter cup in each and then fill 2/3 full with the remaining batter.
Bake int he oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of frosting with 1/3 cup of Nutella until smooth.  Frost cupcakes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I just saw your comment! Thanks so much for the award!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails