Thursday, September 30, 2010

Super Easy Grilled Shrimp

Rick and I decided to grill out last night (yum steaks!!) and for an easy starter, I decided to grill some shrimp that I had in the refrigerator that I was afraid were about to go bad.  This recipe was inspired by this one from Food Network's Barefoot Contessa.  I made some changes based on what ingredients that I had on hand in my kitchen.

Here's what I did...

Super Easy Grilled Shrimp
Ingredients
  • 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 sweet onion, diced
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley
  • 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Juice of one lime
  • Bamboo skewers
Directions
Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.

Mix all of the ingredients (minus the skewers) in a bowl and marinate the shrimp for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.  Skewer the shrimp on the bamboo skewers.  Heat the grill to medium heat and grill the shrimp for around 1 minute per side.  Grilling time depends on the size of the shrimp (larger ones may require a little more time).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails